Cold and flu season is already among us. It’s a common winter nemesis that we’ve combated for many years. But there’s something much worse still lingering in the air, a newer adversary that stills holds a lot of mystery: the ongoing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic. These two forces combined are already placing a heavy burden on the Canadian healthcare system and forcing many businesses to make severe modifications to their daily operations in an effort to prevent the spread.
With the help of coronavirus disinfection services in Toronto, businesses can take advantage of state-of-the-art electrostatic sanitizing systems to help mitigate and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. These supportive and effective sanitation and policy-based efforts can, in turn, help alleviate some of the pressure that our healthcare system is currently facing.
The Spread of Infectious Diseases in Winter
It’s been well documented that infectious diseases such as the common cold and flu, which are often transmitted through direct or indirect contact made by infected droplets and mucus membranes, are more likely to spread in colder weather conditions and climates. Cold weather isn’t directly responsible for the spread of infectious diseases, but it does play an important role in the process.
Cold and Flu Season
In Canada, cold and flu season officially begins toward the end of the year when the temperatures start to drop and it lasts until about the end of March or beginning of April of the next year when the temperatures start to rise again. Cold weather tends to negatively impact the body’s immune response to fighting off illnesses and infectious diseases, which is why there’s a significant spike in cold and flu cases or symptoms during this period. Some studies have also shown that cold and dry climates create an ideal environment for cold and flu viruses to reproduce more effectively and quickly.
Coronavirus Precautions and Disinfection
There are a few facts that we now know about COVID-19:
- It’s primarily spread through direct contact with droplets from infected individuals
- It can survive on various surfaces for different lengths of time
- Infected individuals can be asymptomatic and unknowingly spread the virus
- Infected individuals can present varying degrees of cold and flu-like symptoms such as a persistent cough, runny nose, sore throat, headaches, and fever
- Symptoms that are specific to COVID-19 include difficulty breathing, dry mouth, fatigue, aches and pains, conjunctivitis, loss of taste or smell (or both), skin rashes, discolouration of extremities (fingers and toes)
The best course of action business owners and managers can take to protect their staff from getting sick and prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to allow employees to work from home as much as possible for the duration of the pandemic. Understandably, that’s not always possible, especially in certain essential jobs that require working in close quarters with other people or customer-facing jobs.
If remote work isn’t possible for your employees, then you need to look into hiring reputable COVID-19 disinfecting services in Toronto to ensure that your workplace is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at all times. Keep in mind that there is a difference between cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting common work areas.
Cleaning is the preliminary step in the overall disinfection process. It involves removing visible debris such as crumbs, dust, and dirt from surfaces before they’re sanitized. Sanitization is the process of reducing the quantity of harmful bacteria and pathogens on certain surfaces, but it’s not 100% effective at eliminating all germs or viruses that live on hard surfaces and in the air.
Disinfection is the final nail in the coffin, so to speak. Combined with cleaning and sanitizing, disinfecting is a process that uses effective chemical agents to eradicate airborne and surface-level viruses, pathogens, and harmful bacteria in any given enclosed environment.
Why Are Cleaning and Disinfection Services Required?
In the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the answer to this question seems pretty simple. Cleaning and disinfecting services are required, ultimately, to help reduce and eventually stop the spread of COVID-19. In conjunction with strong healthcare precautions and the continuous vaccine roll-out, stringent cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting protocols have the potential to be highly effective at better managing and reducing the spread of the virus.
Of course, professional cleaning and disinfecting services aren’t new concepts in office spaces or other types of workplaces. Businesses have always relied on some level of professional cleaning services in the past to help them maintain a certain standard of cleanliness. The only difference now is that companies have been forced to step up their cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection processes to combat and ultimately win against COVID-19.
Why Electrostatic Sanitizing and Virus Disinfection Services Are Effective
Workplaces are full of high touch points including office furniture, equipment, and communal areas such as break rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms. Electrostatic sanitizing and disinfection systems are high-tech pieces of equipment that utilize electrostatically charged disinfectants to eliminate the presence of harmful bacteria, viruses, and pathogens in the air and on non-porous surfaces. Here are a few reasons why electrostatic virus disinfection in Toronto works so well.
- Their use provides better coverage. Electrostatic disinfection systems provide an electric charge to the disinfectant at the point of exit from the sprayer nozzle which then causes it to be drawn to, adhere to and wrap itself around all surfaces in its path creating a more uniform application around all vertical, horizontal, and hard to reach surfaces.
- They’re approved by Health Canada. Electrostatic disinfection has been proven to be an effective method of quickly eradicating airborne and surface-level viruses.
- They reduce accidental disinfection consumption. Because the disinfectants are distributed in a finer and more evenly dispersed particulate size, there is not only less product waste, but also better surface coverage.
- They reduce time and labour costs. Depending on the size of your workplace, electrostatic disinfection can be completed within a matter of hours, which minimizes downtime and ensures a quick and safe operational resumption of your day-to-day activities.
GTA Property Service Group Inc. has been providing top-of-the-line reliable electrostatic virus disinfection services in Toronto for a number of years. All of our technicians receive ongoing on-the-job equipment and PPE training to assure compliance with all provincial and federal safety standards. Contact us today to book our in-depth COVID-19 disinfecting services in Toronto.